Stomach ache, swollen stomach, flatulence… These unequivocal symptoms are the sign that you are bloated. But what is it really about? Discover the causes and symptoms of this disease that affects many people on a daily basis. And to overcome this discomfort, follow our advice. There are many home remedies and natural solutions to combat bloating. We tell you which ones!
What is bloating?
We talk about bloating when the abdomen is swollen and painful. Everyone has already experienced this disorder after eating heavily or consuming carbonated drinks.
When the belly is distended, the problem comes from the colon. In this case, we sometimes speak of aerocoly.
Although bloating affects both women and men, there are more cases in women. However, men are more often victims of aerogastria.
Read also: Constipation: immediate remedies
Some of the possible causes include:
- foods eaten, especially starches and crucifers;
- irritable bowel syndrome. Most often, the first attacks occur between the ages of 20 and 30 and last for several years;
- an episode of constipation or diarrhea;
- wearing clothes that are too tight around the stomach;
- viral or bacterial infection. In this case, the bloating is accompanied by other signs;
- functional bowel disorders (FID). This condition lasts at least three months a year;
- the stress.
The symptoms of bloating are particularly obvious:
- abdominal pain of varying intensity;
- feeling of having a swollen stomach;
- frequent belching;
- gas and flatulence;
- constipation and/or diarrhoea;
Other signs should, however, alert you and lead you to consult a doctor:
- abdominal cramps;
- weightloss ;
- absence of stools;
- chest pain;
Natural treatments for bloating
The right move: lie down
In the event of a crisis, lie down for a few minutes, bending your legs slightly, and unbutton clothing that is too tight. Then breathe deeply to release the pain.
Good eating habits
It is strongly advised to limit meals that are too rich because digestion can be difficult and painful if the intestine has a habit of slowing down.
Also avoid eating in noisy places and take the time to chew food gently and always in small quantities. Indeed, meals swallowed too quickly can cause stomach aches.
In the same way, absolutely avoid swallowing too much air while eating and drinking. It is therefore preferable to ban chewing gum and sodas.
At the time of a painful crisis, you can take vegetable charcoal. This natural product is sold in pharmacies without a prescription. Charcoal can be used both piecemeal, when a crisis occurs, or as a cure for several weeks.
Using a few drops of sweet almond oil, massage your foot on the sole of the right foot, on the arch, just in front of the heel. This area corresponds to the colon.
This gesture will calm the pain in case of stomach ache related to an irritable bowel.
When bloating is due to temporary or installed stress, it is important to learn to relax. To reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures, you can use yoga, massage or meditation. It is also advisable to walk after meals or go swimming.
Your belly, painful and bloated, emits intestinal noises? Use Nux vomica. This homeopathic treatment is recommended if the stomach ache is accompanied by an episode of constipation.
And to find the most appropriate homeopathic remedy for your situation, seek the advice of a specialist.
Fennel and mint
Used as a condiment, fennel or mint helps to limit gas. There are no contraindications to consuming them.
Foods to ban
Diet plays a very important role in the appearance of bloating. It is therefore important to balance your menu accordingly. It is better to eliminate fermented foods such as camemberts, fish, smoked or gamy meats, fried foods, pulses, raw vegetables, crucifers, pome fruits. And soft drinks are also to be avoided, as well as stimulants such as tobacco, alcohol, tea or coffee.
And in case of accelerated transit, replace milk, green vegetables and raw fruits with foods such as carrots, rice, semolina, compotes or firm cheeses.
Note: each person being different, it is important to adapt their diet according to their intestinal transit. Depending on the subject, some foods will be better tolerated than others.
Do you tend to have a slow transit? Instead, drink plain water during the day, especially waters rich in magnesium such as Hépar and Courmayeur.
This plant has antispasmodic and sedative properties. Recommended in case of stomach pain, it is consumed both in capsule and infusion.
And for an optimal result, it is quite possible to associate it with peppermint.
An infusion of rosemary
This natural remedy is particularly effective in combating bloating. Simply add 50 g of rosemary to a liter of boiling water and leave to infuse for a quarter of an hour. Then drink a cup after meals.
This grandmother’s remedy is an essential in the medicine cabinet. To overcome stomach aches and bloating, swallow a teaspoon of powder mixed in a small glass of water. The solution is to be taken before the meal.
Be careful, in case of kidney or heart failure, it is better to limit your consumption of baking soda.
The ultra yeast
This treatment is indicated against bloating. This is a product that contains a microscopic fungus that promotes the restoration of the intestinal flora.
The ultra yeast is taken in capsule, once a day. Be careful, an allergic reaction can be observed in some people.
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee
- 7 Natural Sinusitis Treatments
- 6 natural treatments for osteoporosis
- 10 natural treatments for cold sores
- natural treatments for urinary tract infection
- 9 natural treatments to reduce the effects of menopause
- 9 Natural Osteoarthritis Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for tinnitus
- 11 natural treatments for hemorrhoids
- natural treatments for bronchitis
- natural treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Helicobacter pylori: natural treatments