A bank specializing in the business sector, the SBE also has banking products for individuals. On a daily basis, it supports approximately 40,000 clients in addition to works councils. Discover the steps to open a current account at Société de Banque et d’Expansion and become a client. Thanks to our article, also be informed about the complete offer of the establishment in terms of account, payment cards, remote banking… And also find out about the rates applied by the organization. Finally, learn how to consult your accounts online from your customer area. We tell you everything about Banque SBE!
Presentation of SBE Bank
Banque SBE (Banking and Expansion Company) is a joint subsidiary of BRED Banque Populaire and Banque Populaire Val de France. Founded in 1988, the establishment has retained over the years its vocation as a bank on a business site. It also occupies the leading position in this market.
The SBE supports nearly 40,000 individual customers as well as numerous works councils (SNCF, Croix Rouge, Lagardère, Renault, PSA, etc.). The bank carries out its activities from 27 branches: 24 in industrial and tertiary sites and 3 in central branches.
Note that the SBE also has a Quality Department to improve its customer relationship. Thus, if ever your agency has not met your expectations in a satisfactory manner, you can request the intervention of the service so that your request is re-examined. Complaints can be made by telephone on 01 56 69 89 00 (non-surcharged call) or by post to the following address: SBE Société de Banque et d’Expansion – Service Qualité – 22, rue de Courcelles – 75008 Paris.
And Banque SBE also has a Mediator, who intervenes as a last resort, if the dispute persists. You can contact him directly from his website: http://lemediateur.fbf.fr.
How to open an account at SBE bank?
To open an account at SBE bank and become a client, you must present the following documents:
- a valid identity document (identity card or passport). A driving license is not enough;
- proof of address less than three months old (electricity, water, landline telephone, gas bill). If you are hosted, provide a certificate of accommodation signed by your host accompanied by proof of his address and his identity document;
- your student card if applicable;
- proof of income of less than three months if you are active (pay slip, proof of payment of social benefits, tax notice, etc.).
Find all the SBE Bank branches present in the territory: https://www.netsbe.fr/searchagences_view. Note that most agencies are located in the Paris region.
Please note, you can also contact an advisor by filling out the online form: https://www.netsbe.fr/entetes-et-pieds-de-page/nous-contacter/contact-client-service-produit
Banking services offered by SBE bank
It is possible to manage your account remotely. The SBEConnect service is an online bank accessible continuously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The SBE also provides its customers with the SBE smartphone application. You receive and view your electronic account statements free of charge.
On the other hand, you are notified by SMS as soon as you exceed your alert threshold. You also receive your bank card balances and outstandings by message on your mobile.
Finally, you have an electronic safe to easily find all your dematerialized documents. And you have the possibility to manage your budget with the categorization of your bank entries.
The SBE offers its customers several ranges of bank cards, to be selected according to their needs:
- for regular travel: Visa Premier and World Elite Mastercard;
- to facilitate day-to-day purchases: standard Mastercard, Visa Classic, Visa Electron;
- to benefit from the services of a personal assistant: World Elite Mastercard.
Services to control your budget
In addition to contactless payment, the bank also offers alternative means to the checkbook to control your budget. This offer comes in the form of an OCF agreement (Offer to support Customers in fragile situations).
Among the services available:
- a systematic authorization card;
- a means of consulting the account remotely;
- an account balance alert system.
Banque SBE offers other services for:
- the family to protect and facilitate your daily life, support your children from birth to working life, save to carry out projects that are important to you;
- the house: home insurance, mortgage, loan to carry out work or decorate your home;
- the vehicle: purchase and insurance;
- holidays and leisure to fulfill your desires, please yourself or make changes in your interior;
- retirement to take advantage of everyday life and anticipate a drop in income via personalized solutions.
The remote banking service is free. Account maintenance is billed at 1.90 euros per month (i.e. 22.80 euros per year). And the SMS alert comes in the form of an annual flat rate of 7.62 euros.
With regard to debit cards, count 48 euros for the annual fee for an international payment card with immediate or deferred debit (Mastercard Classic, Visa Classic) and 38 euros for a payment card with systematic authorization (Visa Electron).
Find all the pricing applied by consulting the establishment’s website: https://www.netsbe.fr/entetes-et-pieds-de-page/rub_pied_page/tarifs
How to access your online account?
To access your customer area, click on the « consult my accounts » button, available at the top right of the home page. Then enter your username and password.
To find your identifier, consult your SBEConnect contract. You can also go to one of the SBE branches, with a valid identity document (national identity card, passport).
And if you have forgotten your password, contact your branch bank advisor. This professional will assign you a temporary password to access your online accounts.