Cardiac arrhythmia includes several possible disorders of the rhythm of the heart. While some conditions are dangerous and must be treated with medication or surgery, others are more benign. For mild heart problems, you can absolutely resort to a natural alternative. Find all the solutions to overcome a cardiac arrhythmia (bradycardia, tachycardia, etc.). Homeopathy, herbal medicine, grandmother’s remedies, good habits to adopt… Everything you need to know to take care of your heart in a completely natural way!
What is cardiac arrhythmia?
Cardiac arrhythmia is a heart rhythm disorder. It is a condition that affects the frequency, regularity and intensity of heart contractions.
Normally, heart activity is regulated by electrical signals. However, arrhythmia represents an anomaly of this electrical impulse. As a result, the heartbeat becomes irregular, slower or faster.
On the other hand, there are several kinds of arrhythmia, each of which has a varying degree of severity:
- bradycardia is manifested by a sudden and transient decrease in heart rate;
- tachycardia is an acceleration of the heart rate;
- extrasystole is characterized by a slight irregularity in the heartbeat. It can reach an auricle or a ventricle;
- in the event of atrial flutter, the rhythm of the atria is regular but rapid, while the ventricles function in a completely normal manner;
- Atrial fibrillation is a rapid and disorderly contraction of the atria of the heart. This prevents the heart from working normally and blood does not circulate through the body satisfactorily. This disorder can be transient or chronic. And it sometimes poses a danger when clots form;
- ventricular fibrillation is the subject of a vital emergency because it is a very rapid and anarchic contraction of the ventricles.
Cardiac arrhythmia is manifested by several signs:
- sensation of strong and rapid heartbeats;
- weakness or tiredness;
- drop in blood pressure;
- dizziness or loss of consciousness;
- irregular pulse;
- shortness of breath;
- chest pain.
Note that these symptoms can occur both at rest and after an effort, even minimal. The heart disorder can also be discovered during a complication (heart failure, embolism, etc.). And it can cause sudden death.
In the presence of these symptoms, consult your general practitioner without delay or go to the emergency room.
Several causes can explain the occurrence of cardiac arrhythmia:
- cardiac pathology (congenital disease, myocardial infarction, etc.) or endocrine pathology (hyperthyroidism, etc.);
- taking certain medications such as diuretics or antiarrhythmics;
- low blood potassium or other metabolic disorder;
- the stress ;
- excessive consumption of tobacco, alcohol or stimulants;
Natural treatments for heart arrhythmia
To avoid the appearance of a heart problem, it is important to respect a certain lifestyle.
Reduce your consumption of stimulants (alcohol, tea, coffee, soda…) and avoid tobacco. Also practice regular physical activity (swimming pool, Nordic walking, light jogging, cycling, etc.).
If the irregularities of the heart remain benign, you can use homeopathy to treat yourself.
Take three granules three times a day of Digitalis 9 CH or Ignatia 9 CH if your disorder is accompanied by nervousness.
Several plants are recommended to overcome cardiac arrhythmia, but only if it is a mild disorder.
In herbal tea, you can use 30 grams of linden (bracts), lemon balm (leaves), sweet woodruff (plant), olive tree (leaves) and 20 grams of green anise (seeds), passion flower (plant) .
Put a teaspoon of the mixture in a cup of boiling water. Let steep for three minutes before straining. Then drink one to two cups during the day, between meals.
On the other hand, hawthorn is a plant known for its action against nervousness and to treat mild heart problems. In particular, it regulates the tension and the rhythm of the heart.
In case of tachycardia with palpitation, take a magnesium cure, especially if you feel tired or in full overwork.
The ideal is to supplement your diet with 300 mg/day for about 3 weeks. Prefer magnesium glycerophosphate to taurine or vitamin B6 for reasons of tolerance.
relaxation through breathing
This is called cardiac coherence. This relaxation technique allows you to relieve stress and at the same time control your heartbeat.
It involves breathing slowly and deeply, which calms the heart. Practice up to four times a day by inhaling through your nose or mouth for 5 seconds to fill your lungs. Then exhale through your mouth again for 5 seconds to empty them. Do this for 2 to 3 minutes.
Ylang ylang essential oil
This EO has benefits on stress. If you feel your heart racing as an exam or other event approaches, take some ylang-ylang essential oil. This natural product is known for its relaxing and balancing properties of the nervous system.
Use the essential oil in dry inhalation by pouring two drops of pure HE on a handkerchief or a drop on each wrist. Breathe for a few minutes while waiting for the palpitations to stop.
Note that you can also use HE in massage on the plexus if you want a more lasting effect. Dilute between 5 and 10 drops in a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Attention, this natural remedy is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as for people suffering from hypotension.
Food also has a role to play in limiting the risk of cardiac arrhythmia. Consume omega -3 because they have benefits for cardiovascular health. Indeed, they thin the blood and therefore ensure a positive impact on heart disorders.
Eat fatty fish such as sardines, mackerel or salmon twice a week. Also use rapeseed, walnut or linseed oil.
On the other hand, limit the saturated fats found in dairy products, cheese, meat. And on the cooking side, avoid frying in favor of steaming, baking or boiling.
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee
- 7 Natural Sinusitis Treatments
- 6 natural treatments for osteoporosis
- 10 natural treatments for cold sores
- natural treatments for urinary tract infection
- 9 natural treatments to reduce the effects of menopause
- 9 Natural Osteoarthritis Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for tinnitus
- 11 natural treatments for hemorrhoids
- natural treatments for bronchitis
- natural treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Helicobacter pylori: natural treatments
- Natural treatments for bloating
- Natural Burn Treatments
- Natural treatments for balanitis
- Natural treatments for conjunctivitis
- Natural treatments for hot flashes
- Natural treatments for hypertension
- Natural Inner Ear Crystal Treatments
- Treatments for hiatal hernia
- Natural treatments for Morton’s neuroma
- Natural treatments for itchy vulva
- Natural treatments for a heel spur
- Natural treatments for plantar fasciitis
- Natural treatments for tendinitis of the shoulder
- natural treatments for rosacea
- Natural treatments for gallbladder stones
- Natural treatments for a fissured meniscus
- Natural treatments for chalazion
- Natural treatments for intestinal worms
- Natural treatments for candida albicans
- Natural treatments for popliteal cyst
- Natural treatments for hypothyroidism
- Natural treatments for tracheitis
- Natural treatments for serous otitis
- Natural treatments for osteoarthritis cervica
- Natural treatments for a cracked rib
- Natural treatments for shoulder calcification
- Natural treatments for cruralgia
- Natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the hands and fingers
- Natural treatments for rosacea