Do you suffer from dizziness and vertigo with or without nausea? Do you often have the feeling that the ground is giving way under your feet and that the room is moving on its own? Perhaps you are suffering from crystals in the inner ear. This then causes benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. This is the most common form of vertigo. Moreover, these causes are multiple (shock, head trauma, bacteria, virus, etc.). People who suffer from BPPV are disabled on a daily basis. Fortunately, there are solutions to overcome it and regain balance. Discover all our advice to fight against benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Everything you need to know to overcome inner ear crystals!
Inner ear crystals: What is that ?
Doctors talk about ear crystals. But it is mostly vertigo caused by damage to the inner ear, called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). This corresponds to a transient anomaly of the inner ear. It is characterized by the presence of calcium microcrystals in one of the canals of the inner ear.
The inner ear cells are covered by the tectorial membrane. This is encrusted with small oblong-shaped crystals called otoconia. However, these crystals participate in the balance of the body. When they detach from the tectorial membrane, they cause balance problems and dizziness.
Several causes can explain the damage to the inner ear and the detachment of the crystals. Most often, it is a bacterium or a virus, when it is not the result of trauma (shock, head trauma, etc.) or degeneration.
Signs of crystals in the inner ear appear abruptly. People who suffer from it then have the impression of being on a boat. In certain positions, the subject has the feeling that everything revolves around him (impression of instability of the room).
Dizziness occurs mainly during a change of position of the head, but also in the gestures of daily life (when getting up, walking, sitting down, lying down, etc.). On the other hand, be aware that the intensity of vertigo varies depending on the person affected. Sometimes dizziness is accompanied by nausea and vomiting, as well as rapid movements of the pupils. Finally, note that the dizziness can last several days or weeks and suddenly disappear before returning.
Natural Inner Ear Crystal Treatments
To prevent the risk of crystals in the inner ear, it is advisable to wear headphones. Also be careful in thrill rides where the accelerations and decelerations are violent. They can then cause the migration of small crystals into the labyrinth of the inner ear.
On the other hand, always take your time before getting up. This will prevent the occurrence of dizziness. For example, before you wake up in the morning, sit still for two minutes before standing up.
In case of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, it is recommended to practice several physiotherapy sessions. The practitioner will essentially perform two maneuvers, which have proven their effectiveness:
- the release maneuver consists of mobilizing the patient’s head vigorously. The objective is then to move the cupulo or the canalolithiasis. During this maneuver, dizziness may occur, which is a good sign. Note that the consultations last a short time;
- the habituation maneuver is used in case of recurrence resistant to the first maneuver. The patient places himself in a triggering position for several minutes a day. This is aimed at sustainably mitigating crises.
This food has benefits against vertigo and especially in case of crystals in the inner ear.
Peel and chop the ginger after washing it. Then bring it to boiling water (about 2 cups). Then add the chopped ginger. And simmer the tea for about ten minutes.
Honey and cider vinegar
To combat dizziness, trust the combination of cider vinegar and honey. Simply mix two spoons of honey and two spoons of apple cider vinegar with hot water. Stir well before drinking the solution (up to twice a day).
The gingko biloba
This herb prevents dizziness. It is therefore particularly suitable if you suffer from damage to the inner ear.
Gingko biloba is taken as a tablet, liquid extract or dried leaves. To know the exact dosage that suits you, it is better to contact a herbalist or talk to your doctor.
This remedy is one of the most popular to overcome vertigo. Soak a teaspoon of each powdered seed in a cup of water. Let stand overnight. Filter and drink the next morning. To improve the taste of the solution, add a little sugar or honey.
The daily operation can be repeated for several days.
Its spicy and sweet smell helps fight dizziness. Boil a few basil leaves in a cup of water. Inhale the scent of the solution and drink before going to bed. The gesture must be carried out for a few weeks.
Daily, you can have your head, neck and upper back gently massaged using circular movements. Attention, rigorous massages are to be avoided. And it is better to call on a qualified professional.
Peppermint essential oil
This natural remedy is an effective treatment for dizziness and nausea. To relieve the symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, use only a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
Peppermint essential oil can be used in several ways:
- in smell. Then put a few drops on a handkerchief and inhale the scent deeply;
- in cutaneous application on the area of the mustache, on the inside of your handles or on the temples;
- in broadcast. Place five drops in an essential oil diffuser. And enjoy the broadcast for about twenty minutes.
Note: there are no contraindications. Peppermint essential oil can be used in children over three years of age (inhaled or diffused) and in pregnant women.
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee
- 7 Natural Sinusitis Treatments
- 6 natural treatments for osteoporosis
- 10 natural treatments for cold sores
- natural treatments for urinary tract infection
- 9 natural treatments to reduce the effects of menopause
- 9 Natural Osteoarthritis Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for tinnitus
- 11 natural treatments for hemorrhoids
- natural treatments for bronchitis
- natural treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Helicobacter pylori: natural treatments
- Natural treatments for bloating
- Natural Burn Treatments
- Natural treatments for balanitis
- Natural treatments for conjunctivitis
- Natural treatments for hot flashes
- Natural treatments for hypertension