Frequent at the end of the year, bronchitis is a benign infection. However, its symptoms turn out to be painful. Fortunately, there are natural solutions and home remedies to overcome this disease. Discover everything you need to know about acute infectious bronchitis and its natural treatments.
A bronchitis : What is that ?
Acute infectious bronchitis is characterized by a sore throat, cough, fever, body aches and headache. Despite its symptoms, this disease is nevertheless banal and benign.
Bronchitis is manifested by a bronchial inflammation. Generally, the first signs of the disease are a cold or nasopharyngitis. Most often, bronchitis appears in autumn or winter. And it occurs in epidemics.
If the disease generally lasts two to three weeks, a nasty cough can however settle. This requires consulting a doctor and using natural means to overcome bronchitis.
It exists different causes at the origin of the occurrence of bronchitis:
- viral infection is the most common cause. Generally, a cold precedes bronchitis;
- a bacterium intervenes more rarely in the appearance of bronchitis;
- irritation of the lungs due to inhalation of fine particles in the air (cigarette smoke, emanation from a wood stove, strong presence of dust or toxic gas, etc.);
- asthma. In this case, bronchitis is a sign of asthma.
On the other hand, there are risk factors:
- smoking (active or passive);
- an environment with airborne chemicals;
- exposure to heavy air pollution.
Finally, note that some people are said to be at risk:
- seniors ;
- people weakened by illness;
- subjects with asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema or heart failure;
- people with cystic fibrosis.
Acute infectious bronchitis is recognized by the following signs:
- a low fever that varies throughout the day;
- body aches ;
- a deep cough;
- difficult breathing;
- a burning sensation in the sternum;
- general malaise;
- a cold or nasopharyngitis. When the infection affects the bronchi and the dry cough becomes oily, the disease progresses to bronchitis.
To know : people with a respiratory disease such as asthma will have more pronounced symptoms.
Natural treatments for bronchitis
The good gestures
To heal you as quickly as possible, there are good habits to adopt. Hydrate properly, also take very hot baths and cover up!
On the food side, favor onion soup and eat garlic or ginger. These foods are very effective in boosting the immune system.
And to avoid any contamination, wash your hands very often, also limit close contact with a sick person and use disposable tissues instead.
This is a remedy that seems obvious. And yet, we too often neglect rest. To overcome this feeling of general fatigue due to bronchitis, sleep as much as possible. Well rested, your body will have all the necessary weapons to overcome the disease.
Note: in your room, make sure the air is not too dry. If necessary, an air humidifier can be used. This will prevent your mucous membranes from being attacked.
Lemon for sore throat
To cure your sore throat, think of lemon. A lemon herbal tea with thyme and honey will prove to be a good natural solution to soothe your throat.
On the other hand, lemon juice can be accompanied by salt water to be used as a gargle. This grandmother’s remedy has been proven to soothe the pain.
Salt water to decongest the nose
Remember to rehydrate your nasal mucous membranes using sea water. Simply spray salt water into each nostril. Then blow your nose. The operation can be repeated several times a day.
You will find seawater sprays in pharmacies. Also note that it is possible to create your own product using an empty spray bottle, water and salt.
When you suffer from bronchitis, the use of essential oils can be beneficial. Prefer lavender, tea tree or eucalyptus to make inhalations three times a day.
This plant native to South Africa is used to fight against diseases of the respiratory system.
It is necessary to take 30 drops of the standardized extract of the Cape geranium (EPs 7630), 3 times a day. Please note that this dosage is only suitable for adults.
The climbing ivy
English ivy is used in various forms to relieve the symptoms of bronchitis. In herbal tea, infuse a teaspoon of dried leaves in 150 ml of boiling water for about ten minutes. Drink three cups a day.
Note that English ivy can also be used in capsule, tincture or standardized extract form.
Eucalyptus is also one of the best natural treatments to overcome a cough, and bronchitis in general. The plant is used externally or internally.
For an herbal tea, infuse 3 grams of dried leaves in 150 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes. Then, drink two cups a day.
Namely: the plant also comes in the form of tincture, fluid extract, essential oil or inhalation.
Licorice is also a natural remedy to fight against respiratory tract infection. You can eat the dried roots, 5 to 15 grams per day, dividing into three doses after each meal. It can take the form of an infusion, decoction or powder.
It is a natural antibiotic that fights bacteria and viruses. This product is found in black radish, also called horseradish.
You can easily find a black radish in a supermarket. Grate it very finely. Then, spread it on a cotton fabric by folding the corners. Then lie on your back and apply the horseradish pad to your upper chest, where the inflammation is. Leave it on for ten minutes. Be careful, in case of burns, remove immediately.
This enzyme has many properties. In addition to its anti-inflammatory functions, bromelain stimulates the defense of the immune system.
In pineapple (skin, stem, juice, pulp), you will find this enzyme. Consume without moderation, never heated above 40°C.
Be aware that there are also bromelain dietary supplements.
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee
- 7 Natural Sinusitis Treatments
- 6 natural treatments for osteosporosis
- 10 natural treatments for cold sores
- natural treatments for urinary tract infection
- 9 natural treatments to reduce the effects of menopause
- 9 Natural Osteoarthritis Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for tinnitus
- 11 natural treatments for hemorrhoids