Rosacea, also called rosacea or acne rosacea, is characterized by unsightly redness on the face. And this often debilitating skin disease mainly affects fair-skinned women. Fortunately, there are natural remedies to overcome it and regain beautiful skin. Discover all the solutions to no longer suffer from couperose on a daily basis. And this, before resorting to an antibiotic or surgery.
What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a skin disease that affects small blood vessels. Particularly unsightly, rosacea affects the face, which very often represents an embarrassment for the person who suffers from it.
On the other hand, the condition is progressive and chronic. It concerns about 3% of the adult population, and especially women aged 40/50, with fair complexion and blue eyes. In men, the skin disease appears rather after 50 years.
Depending on the stage of the disease, signs are clearly visible:
- stage 1: intense redness for 5 minutes on the cheekbones and nose, feeling of heat, impression that the skin is burning or tingling;
- stage 2: erythrosis, apparent blood vessels, couperose on the cheeks, the wings of the nose as well as on the cheekbones;
- stage 3: red unsightly pimples, possibly white-headed, desquamation;
- stage 4: edema that persists, thickened skin with swelling on the nose, chin and forehead.
To know : The progression of the disease varies depending on the person affected. In some cases, rosacea is observed in the eyes in the form of conjunctivitis, blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids) or keratitis (inflammation of the cornea). When the pathology affects the eyes, a number of symptoms are observed: tearing of the eyes, redness and swelling of the eyelids, dry eyes, blurred vision problem, sensation of a foreign body in the eye… In the presence of these signs, consult your general practitioner and an ophthalmologist.
You should know that the origin of rosacea remains unknown. However, several causes are considered in the light of the studies carried out:
- genetic ;
- the environment ;
- abnormal reaction of blood vessels to heat;
- the presence of a mite called Demodex on the skin of the face.
On the other hand, there are contributing factors:
- the sun and the wind;
- freezing or scorching temperatures;
- very intense physical exercise;
- fever ;
- a state of stress or a very strong emotion;
- very hot baths or showers;
- hot drinks and alcohol;
- spices ;
- cosmetics with alcohol in their composition;
- medications (corticosteroids, anti-hypertensives);
- gastritis or diaphragmatic hernia;
- neuropsychic or hormonal factors.
Natural treatments for rosacea
If you suffer from rosacea, your GP will prescribe antibiotic treatment. And when it is a severe form of rosacea, surgery can be considered.
But before resorting to these solutions, know that there are totally natural remedies to get rid of this skin disease.
Taking care of the skin on your face remains the first thing to do in the event of couperose. Clean it gently with very mild lotions and milks. And on the moisturizer side, opt for a non-greasy treatment.
As a general rule, you should definitely avoid oily cosmetics and those that contain harsh ingredients like fruit acids, retinol, vitamin A or C.
On the other hand, it is useful to ban some beauty gestures in case of rosacea. So forget about exfoliation, peeling or masks.
Eye care for eye damage
If rosacea has reached the eyes, it is essential to observe good eye hygiene. Apply warm compresses to your eyes for ten minutes every day. And massage the eyelids regularly.
You should also rinse and clean the eyes with saline. Finally, if you also suffer from dry eyes, use artificial tears.
Reduce your exposure to the sun
The sun is a favorable factor. It is therefore advisable to protect yourself as much as possible if you are suffering from rosacea.
For information, an index 30 is necessary in town. And if the sun is generous, plan for an SPF 50 or 50+. In any case, do not use textures that are too greasy.
Phytotherapy: the virtues of hawthorn and calendula
As for alternative medicine, there is phytotherapy. Among the plants with soothing virtues against rosacea, let us mention hawthorn.
Use the plant in the form of mother tincture or glycerine macerate of buds up to 50 drops 3 times a day, 5 days a week and for 3 weeks. You can redo a hawthorn cure if necessary.
As for calendula, this plant also has soothing and healing properties. You will find it marketed in ointment and cream, to be applied on redness.
In the homeopathy department, there are several solutions for treating rosacea: Pulsatilla, Lachesis mutus, Eugenia jambosa, Sanguinaria canadensis, Ledum palustre. The treatment is to be adapted according to the affected subject. Seek advice from a homeopath.
Among the natural remedies, also count on essential oils. The most suitable is Helichrysum HE from Corsica because it reduces redness. Place a drop of the product in a dab of moisturizing cream (non-greasy) at bedtime. Practice this ritual for a week, every other week, for a month.
And in the absence of Corsican helichrysum, you can also use the more common tea tree essential oil.
The aloe vera
This natural product with a thousand virtues can be used to soothe rosacea.
This grandmother’s remedy calms many ailments, including those related to couperose. In addition, it cleanses the skin and prevents inflammation.
Dilute a teaspoon of cider vinegar in a glass of water. Be careful to properly dilute the product to avoid any aggression to the skin.
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee
- 7 Natural Sinusitis Treatments
- 6 natural treatments for osteoporosis
- 10 natural treatments for cold sores
- natural treatments for urinary tract infection
- 9 natural treatments to reduce the effects of menopause
- 9 Natural Osteoarthritis Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for tinnitus
- 11 natural treatments for hemorrhoids
- natural treatments for bronchitis
- natural treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Helicobacter pylori: natural treatments
- Natural treatments for bloating
- Natural Burn Treatments
- Natural treatments for balanitis
- Natural treatments for conjunctivitis
- Natural treatments for hot flashes
- Natural treatments for hypertension
- Natural Inner Ear Crystal Treatments
- Treatments for hiatal hernia
- Natural treatments for Morton’s neuroma
- Natural treatments for itchy vulva
- Natural treatments for a heel spur
- Natural treatments for plantar fasciitis
- Natural treatments for tendinitis of the shoulder
- natural treatments for rosacea
- Natural treatments for gallbladder stones
- Natural treatments for a fissured meniscus
- Natural treatments for chalazion
- Natural treatments for intestinal worms
- Natural treatments for candida albicans
- Natural treatments for popliteal cyst
- Natural treatments for hypothyroidism
- Natural treatments for tracheitis
- Natural treatments for serous otitis
- Natural treatments for osteoarthritis cervica
- Natural treatments for a cracked rib
- Natural treatments for shoulder calcification
- Natural treatments for cruralgia
- Natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the hands and fingers