You want to make a transfer to the Postal Bank but you don’t know how to go about it? First, know that there are several possibilities. Find out which ones. And follow the formalities to complete the transaction in the best conditions. Permanent or occasional SEPA transfer, in France or abroad, instantaneous… We tell you everything!
What is a SEPA transfer?
All transfers in euros, in France and in Europe by the Banque Postale comply with SEPA standards (Single Euro Payments Area – Single euro payment area).
This standard aims to harmonize the means of payment in the European area. In other words, you have the option of making a transfer in euros throughout the European SEPA area under the same conditions as a transfer in France.
The difference between occasional and permanent transfers
At the Banque Postale as in other banking establishments, you have the choice between the occasional transfer and the permanent transfer.
When you make an occasional transfer, the order is given for a single payment. On the other hand, in the context of a permanent transfer, it is a regular transfer order with the same amount for the same person or organization. You then determine the frequency. Generally, individuals set up monthly transfers.
Know that at any time, you can modify or end the permanent transfer by approaching your post office. The advantage of the permanent transfer is to save you the steps. Payments are made without you having to think about it. You can use it, for example, to pay the rent.
What is the instant SEPA transfer?
From your La Banque Postale Internet customer area, you can make an instant transfer. But what is it really about? It’s a new service that allows you to send and receive money in seconds.
Indeed, the funds are immediately available and reusable by the beneficiary. On the other hand, the operation can be carried out at any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
La Banque Postale sends you a notification to confirm the successful execution of the operation (or its failure) and informs you of the receipt of the transfer.
Please note that the instant SEPA transfer cannot be cancelled. The transfer order is irrevocable upon receipt by the bank. The principal cannot therefore take back the funds, which represents insurance for the beneficiary.
What information is required to make a transfer to the Postal Bank?
The first thing to do is to provide you with the beneficiary’s bank details. To do this, ask him for a bank account statement (RIB) issued by his bank. Indeed, you will need the following information to carry out the operation:
- bank identifier and name;
- account number to be credited. This is the IBAN code.
And to make an international SEPA transfer, you can make a request by post to your Financial Centre. To do this, obtain an “International funds transfer order” form. Indicate the personal details and those of the bank as well as the account number to be credited.
How to make a transfer to the Postal Bank: the possibilities
You have several options for making your transfer:
- via your customer area on the Internet. Access your personal space by connecting to the Banque Postale website. Then go to the “transfer” section to make, modify or cancel your transfers in France and abroad. From your personal space, you can also add a beneficiary using the CERTICODE service;
- using the Banque Postale mobile application. Easy to use and free, it can be downloaded from Apple Store and Google Play. From the post office app, you can view and manage your accounts from anywhere and at any time. In the « Transfer » section, make, modify or cancel your transfers in France and abroad. You also have the CERTICODE PLUS service available to you. It allows you to add a beneficiary;
- on the telephone by calling 3639 (0.15 euros per minute + price of a local call). Before calling, have your username and password ready to authenticate yourself online. By telephone, you can make a transfer to a beneficiary already registered via the CERTICODE or CERTICODE PLUS service;
- finally, you can carry out the operation by going directly to your usual post office. Then fill out a form to have the teller make the transfer for you.
Read also: How to make a power of attorney for the Postal Bank?
What are the CERTICODE and CERTICODE PLUS services of the Banque Postale?
La Banque Postale offers its private customers the CERTICODE and CERTICODE PLUS services for making transfers.
These devices also make it possible to reinforce the security of your transactions carried out from your personal space and the mobile application. They are available continuously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from a mobile phone.
Subscription to the service is done at the post office with a teller or a bank adviser.
The principle is very simple:
- you carry out a transaction such as a transfer from your personal space;
- then, you receive a single-use validation code by SMS on your mobile phone. Please note that only the telephone number declared to the establishment will be able to receive the validation codes. This code is for single use and has a limited lifespan;
- then enter this code in your internet client area;
- the operation is validated!
To know : the CERTICODE service is not only used to register a beneficiary or make a transfer, it is also useful for changing your postal address and facilitating the management of your accounts.
How to make an international transfer to the Postal Bank?
Note that the bank allows you to make an international transfer to 100 countries in the world. The operation is to be carried out online, from your internet customer area, or by post to your Financial Centre. As with a classic SEPA transfer, you must provide the beneficiary’s bank details (bank name and identifier, account number to be credited (IBAN)).
On the other hand, this service comes with options:
- transfer net of fees. For countries outside the European Union, you can request the “foreign correspondent fees payable by the issuer” option. Thus, you are assured that the beneficiary receives the amount of the transfer net of fees;
- beneficiary information. This option consists of specifying the reason for payment to the beneficiary.
Also note that you can set up a permanent international transfer. This is a regular transfer order of the same amount for the same person or organization.
Read also: How to contact the Financial Center of the Banque Postale?