Present in Switzerland, Banque du Léman is aimed at both Swiss and French residents. Indeed, cross-border commuters can take advantage of the banking offers and services marketed by the institution. Discover the specificities of the organization as well as what it offers in terms of accounts, payment cards, remote banking… And also find out about its current pricing and the steps to take to consult its accounts from its personal space. . Everything you need to know about Banque du Léman before becoming a client!
Presentation of the Banque du Léman
Founded in 2014, Banque du Léman is a public limited company wholly owned by Caisse d’Epargne Rhône-Alpes, which is part of the BPCE group, the second largest banking group in France. Caisse d’Epargne Rhône-Alpes is also the main shareholder of Banque du Léman. The financial institution provides it with the equity and cash necessary to support it in its activities.
On the other hand, Banque du Léman markets banking and insurance products for individual customers. However, it does not offer a private management service. And since 2016, the organization has also been developing an activity on the business market in order to become a leading player in the local economy.
Established in Geneva and Lausanne, Banque du Léman wishes to become a major player in local life in the heart of the Lake Geneva region. For this, the establishment tries to forge a special relationship with its customers, Swiss residents and cross-border residents. In addition, customers can go to a branch to meet an advisor or carry out day-to-day banking transactions remotely.
How to open an account at the Banque du Léman?
To open an account and become a client of Banque du Léman, you must complete the online form available at the following address: https://www.banqueduleman.ch/Plus-d-informations/Devenir-client
Then send the photocopy of your identity document. Banque du Léman will contact you within 48 hours to best adapt the offer you need and open an account.
And individuals also have the possibility of making an appointment by telephone on 022 775 07 75.
To note : Banque du Léman is also available on the social networks Twitter, Facebook and Linked In.
The banking services of the Banque du Léman
Accounts for day-to-day management
Several accounts are offered to individuals according to their profile and needs:
- youth savings point to pay for your children’s first savings with a preferential interest rate;
- youth point for 12-18 year olds (free);
- student point for students up to 25 years old (free);
- Young pro point for young professionals residing in Switzerland, between 18 and 30 years old;
- individual Léman point for customers domiciled in Switzerland;
- point Léman famille for Swiss residents as a couple, with or without children;
- individual Frontalis point for French residents;
- Frontalis family point for French couples, with or without children.
The establishment provides its private customers with five different payment cards:
- the Maestro card: immediate debit payment and withdrawal card;
- prepaid cards: to be recharged, anywhere in the world;
- Silver CHF Visa/Mastercard card: payment card limited to CHF 1,000 to CHF 5,000 per month;
- Visa/Mastercard Gold CHF/EUR/USD card: payment card limited from 5,000 to 10,000 CHF per month;
- Visa Platinum CHF/EUR/USD card for expenses over CHF 10,000 per month.
The exchange guarantee
You can take out the exchange guarantee contract as long as you are over 18 and have an account in euros, Swiss francs or dollars. This guarantee covers you against the exchange risk over a fixed period and for an amount fixed at the time of subscription.
An interesting solution when you work in Switzerland and live in France or if you are Swiss and have a residence in France. This limits the risk of loss if the price of the Swiss franc, euro or dollar fluctuates. Thus, you secure your purchasing power.
A mobile application for cross-border commuters
Thanks to the mobile application, as cross-border commuters, you can take advantage of promotional offers from Banque du Léman partners (hotels, restaurants, etc.) on both sides of the border. And you also get exclusive benefits.
The application can be downloaded on IPhone or Android from the bank’s website: https://www.banqueduleman.ch/content/privileges-clients/frontaliers-bdl.
You can thus perform the following operations remotely:
- consultation of your accounts;
- account-to-account payment, including from abroad;
- obtaining exchange rates and using currency converters;
- access to major stock market indices…
With your e-banking, you have the possibility of:
- carry out and consult all the current transactions of your account in real time: know the balance, make an immediate or deferred payment, follow the realization of the payments, download your transactions;
- manage all transactions on your accounts;
- make account transfers;
- correspond with your banker;
- find your contracts, etc.
But beyond banking services, the Banque du Léman markets other products:
- pension contracts;
- health insurance;
- property and personal insurance;
- securities and investments;
- and a personal credit to support you in your projects, provided that you receive regular income.
Account maintenance is free for young people, including students under 25. On the other hand, any customer aged 18 or over and residing in Switzerland or France must pay CHF 12 per month for Point Léman Individuel or Point Frontalis Individuel accounts.
If the customer, Swiss or French, is in a common household, with or without children, he must pay 18 CHF per month for the two banking relationships. This is then the Point Léman Famille account or the Point Frontalis Famille.
Find all the current rates on this page: https://www.banqueduleman.ch/Plus-d-informations/Tarifs-en-vigueur
Log in to your online account: how to do ?
To access your personal space and consult your accounts online, click on the “e-banking” button located at the top right of the home page.
The following window is displayed: https://e.banqueduleman.ch/ebankingLogin/login. To log in, you must then enter your contract number and your password.