Characterized by inflammation of the mucous membranes, sinusitis usually occurs after a cold. However, there are other causes that can explain the appearance of this disease. Find out which ones as well as the different symptoms. And to fight sinusitis, use our natural remedies. All our advice and tips for overcoming a stuffy nose and treating sinusitis.
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is a pathology manifested by inflammation of the sinuses. A virus or bacteria is then at the origin of this disease
There are several types of sinusitis: maxillary, frontal, ethmoidal or sphenoidal. Generally, it is maxillary sinusitis, which results from nasopharyngitis.
What are the causes ?
Different causes can explain the occurrence of sinusitis:
- allergies (pollen, mites, mould, animal hair, etc.);
- a deviation of the nasal septum. Very important, it can lead to chronic sinusitis;
- the presence of a foreign body in the sinus (nasal polyps);
- dental problems (caries, abscess);
- the atmospheric pollution ;
- the complication of a badly treated or lingering cold. Generally, this is the first cause that leads to the onset of sinusitis.
Sinusitis differs from a common cold in its symptoms:
- nasal voice;
- sensation of heaviness under the orbits;
- facial pressure;
- completely blocked nose;
- yellow, green or white secretions;
- extremely heavy head;
- sometimes fever or cough;
- fatigue ;
- headaches, especially when you tilt your head forward;
- difficulty hearing;
What are the natural treatments for sinusitis?
With its many virtues on the respiratory tract, garlic calms sinusitis. You can consume up to 4 cloves of fresh garlic per day. To facilitate its absorption, include garlic in dishes (pie, soup, gratin, etc.).
Eucalyptus in the form of essential oil
Eucalyptus-based essential oils clear the mucus that lines the inside of the nose. This essential oil can be combined without problems with other essential oils such as black pepper or field mint. You will get the best results.
Clay is an effective way to overcome sinusitis. Use it as a poultice by mixing clay with a little water. The batter should be thick.
Then apply to the forehead and around the nose. Place several thick layers on all areas affected by sinusitis. Let stand for one to two hours, and repeat the operation in the morning and evening.
Carrot or lemon juice
This grandmother’s remedy is effective in overcoming a stuffy nose. Simply put a drop of carrot or lemon juice in both nostrils at night before going to bed.
Washing the nose with seawater cleans the sinuses. Indeed, the product decongests the nose quickly. Do not wait for the onset of sinusitis, and use sea water at the first symptoms of the common cold.
Drinking at least 1.5 liters of water a day has health benefits, including fighting sinusitis. You can also drink fruit juice.
In moderation, ginger tea will also be beneficial for a stuffy nose. Add honey and lemon to it for maximum results.
Finally, herbal teas in general as well as soups will do you good in case of sinusitis.
This product has many health properties. To counter a sinus infection, pour two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a cup of hot water. Add the solution with honey (one tablespoon).
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee