Do you want to contact the primary health insurance fund? Do you have a question about a refund or your affiliation, or do you want to submit a care sheet or a work stoppage? In many situations, you may need to contact the Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie. But how to proceed to be sure to get an answer as soon as possible? Discover all the solutions for contacting the CPAM: telephone number, ameli account, sending a request or a question by e-mail, mail, etc. Everything you need to know about the health organization: its usefulness and her different ways to contact her.
What is the Primary Health Insurance Fund or CPAM for?
The Primary Health Insurance Fund (CPAM) is a health-related organization that exercises a public service mission in France.
Concretely, the missions of the CPAM are the following:
- affiliate the insured and manage their rights to health insurance;
- process care sheets;
- provide health insurance, industrial accident and occupational disease benefits (reimbursement of treatment, payment of daily allowances);
- develop a policy of health and social action (individual aid to policyholders, collective aid for the benefit of associations, etc.);
- promote health (cancer screening, etc.).
As for the ameli account, this is a service open to policyholders eligible under the general scheme and partner schemes.
Why can we contact the CPAM?
There are several reasons why you may want to contact the CPAM:
- question about reimbursement of health costs;
- query about your affiliation;
- problem on your insurance file;
- need to send a work stoppage or treatment sheets;
- need to obtain a legal certificate;
- change of situation (move, change of professional activity, etc.).
In addition, contacting the CPAM can allow you to:
- make an appointment with an advisor from the Primary Health Insurance Fund;
- obtain an immediate answer to one of your questions in relation to one of your reimbursements, your affiliation to the general scheme;
- notify a change of situation concerning you (new address for your correspondence, modification of the professional situation, etc.).
How to contact the Primary Health Insurance Fund by telephone?
You can contact the CPAM by telephone (or the Ameli service) by dialing 3646 (0.06 cts/minute + price of a local call). However, the amount of the call may vary depending on the telephone operator.
On the other hand, it is possible to contact the Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie from abroad. To do this, dial the following number: +33 811 70 36 46. Again, the price of the call may vary depending on the telephone operator. Find out before calling the CPAM from a country other than France.
CPAM call: telephone hours to be respected
You cannot reach a CPAM advisor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are days and times to respect in order to be able to communicate by telephone with the Primary Fund.
Thus, you can call 36 46 from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., without interruption. But to have an advisor on the other end of the line more quickly, we advise you to call during off-peak hours, that is to say between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
To note : if your request for information does not require the intervention of an adviser, you can obtain your information by pressing the star key on your telephone.
Contact the Primary Health Insurance Fund by e-mail
If you do not want to communicate with the CPAM by telephone, it is possible to send an email to the organization. To do this, go to the official “Ameli” website of the CPAM.
The ameli.fr site gives you access to numerous procedures (follow-up of your reimbursements or your daily allowances, printing of your certificates, declaration of the attending physician, etc.).
You can also from your personal space on ameli send an email to the CPAM for all requests. You will need to follow the following steps:
- go to https://assure.ameli.fr/
- then enter your login credentials to enter your personal space:
- if you do not yet have an account, create one by clicking on « I create my account » and fill in your personal information (name, social security number, address, email). You will then receive a secret code by e-mail in order to connect to your ameli account;
- go to the « Addresses and contacts » section of your account.
Note that you will receive a response from the CPAM by email within a few days maximum while your request is being processed.
How to find the address of the nearest CPAM?
On the other hand, you can go directly to one of the branches of the Primary Health Insurance Fund in order to submit your treatment sheets or your sick leave. In each department of France, there are many antennas where advisers answer your questions.
To find the address of the CPAM closest to your home:
- go to the ameli.fr website (no need to log into your account);
- at the top right of the screen, enter your postal code of residence;
- then click on “Addresses and contacts” in the drop-down menu;
- and select “Another topic”;
- you will then have access to the list of all the reception points in your department. All you have to do is choose the one closest to you and check the address and opening hours.
To know : most CPAM agencies have a digital space where you can access a computer to connect to your ameli account. There are also multi-service terminals allowing you to update your vital card, obtain certificates, etc.