During an important transaction such as the purchase of a vehicle, the seller will certainly ask you for a cashier’s check. This means of payment, not to be confused with the simple bank check, represents additional security. But how do you get it from your Caisse d’Epargne bank? And how much will it cost you? Indeed, obtaining a bank check remains a paid service. Find out how much a bank check costs at the Caisse d’Epargne.
What is a bank check?
The bank check must be issued and signed by Caisse d’Epargne. The document is payable to the seller. This specific and exceptional means of payment should not be confused with the traditional bank cheque, which must be completed by you.
Often, during a transaction at the important moment (purchase of a car or an object of art, for example), the seller asks the buyer for payment by cashier’s check. Indeed, it is a guarantee of security, even if there are scams and scams with bank checks.
To know : the law prohibits the payment of a property with the bank check, since 2015.
How do I get a bank check from the Caisse d’Epargne?
To obtain a bank check from the Caisse d’Epargne, nothing could be simpler. Go to the counter of your branch to make the request to the bank employee. Bring an identity document as well as the details of the beneficiary of your bank check (surname, first name, name of the company if applicable, and possibly the address).
Caisse d’Epargne will carry out a check to ensure that you have the necessary funds. Upon validation of this step, the bank will then give you the title immediately or within 48 hours.
To know : Please note that since each branch is independent of the BPCE group, the procedures for obtaining the bank check may differ from one branch to another.
If you are a customer of a Caisse d’Epargne in another region where you go to obtain a bank cheque, the operation may be more complex. Some advisers refuse. If approved, however, you will need to contact your main agency and ask them for permission.
How long does it take to get a bank check from Caisse d’Epargne?
If your creditor asks you for payment by cashier’s check, be aware that your title will be given to you at the counter. It can also be sent to your home. In some cases, shipping the title will be at your expense. For example, in the Caisse d’Epargne Aquitaine Poitou-Charentes, you will receive your check by registered letter, at an additional cost of 8 euros.
If your request is urgent, it is best to anticipate and call your bank advisor to find out the deadline applied in your branch. Indeed, some Caisse d’Epargne branches require 48 hours’ notice before issuing the security.
On the other hand, if your cash register issues the bank check immediately, you will not have to wait more than ten minutes, if all goes well. The advisor will verify your assets and your identity, print the check and have you sign the receipts.
How much does a bank check cost at the Caisse d’Epargne: the rates applied
Each branch of Caisse d’Epargne remains independent. Therefore, the pricing is free. And different agencies charge different prices in terms of the fees for issuing a cashier’s check. Nevertheless, the operation does not cost more than 15 euros.
Here are the ticket prices applied:
- Caisse d’Epargne Alsace: €12.50;
- Caisse d’Epargne Aquitaine Poitou-Charentes: €12.20;
- Caisse d’Epargne Auvergne Limousin: €12.80;
- Caisse d’Epargne Bourgogne Franche-Comté: €12.50;
- Caisse d’Epargne Bretagne-Pays de la Loire: €14.80;
- Caisse d’Epargne CEPAC (DOM TOM and mainland France): €12.50;
- Caisse d’Epargne Hauts de France: €14.40;
- Caisse d’Epargne Ile-de-France: €11.50;
- Caisse d’Epargne Languedoc Roussillon: €12.50;
- Caisse d’Epargne Loire-Centre: €12.00;
- Caisse d’Epargne Loire Drôme Ardèche: €12.75;
- Caisse d’Epargne Lorraine Champagne Ardennes: €12.50;
- Caisse d’Epargne Midi Pyrénées: €11.30;
- Caisse d’Epargne Normandy: €14.50:
- Caisse d’Epargne Rhône Alpes: €12.95 (one bank check offered per year).
To note : some cash desks have a different cashier’s check price depending on whether it is a book or a current account. And bank checks on Livret A are free. On the other hand, if you are a beneficiary of the Satellis package, you can obtain a free bank check per year from the Caisse d’Epargne Aquitaine Poitou-Charentes, the Caisse d’Epargne Ile-de-France and the Caisse d’Epargne Loire-Centre. Finally, plan for additional costs in case of sending.
Can a Caisse d’Epargne bank check be canceled? If yes, How? ‘Or’ What ?
Finally, the transaction was canceled or there was a change in the amount? From then on, the bank check can no longer be used.
To overcome these different scenarios, the cancellation of a bank check remains a completely possible operation. But making an opposition on a bank check requires following a specific procedure:
- first, keep the document with you and cross it out by writing the word « cancelled » by hand;
- then, take the cashier’s check back to the issuing agency. Attention, the operation must be carried out in person, without intermediary. The counter clerk will ask you for an identity document;
- failing that, if you cannot travel, send the ticket by mail to the department concerned. Accompany the bank check with a dated and signed letter. And send your mail by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt.
As soon as your cashier’s check is cancelled, the money will be credited to your account again a few days later. On the other hand, the Caisse d’Epargne will not reimburse you for the cost of issuing the bank check.
Read also :
- How do I get a bank check from BforBank?
- How to get a cashier’s check from Hello bank! ?
- How to request a bank check from Monabanq?
- How do I get a bank check from ING?
- How do I get a cashier’s check from Fortuneo?
- Can a bank check be voided?
- Bank check from La Banque Postale
- Bank check from Crédit Mutuel
- What are the deadlines for obtaining a bank check?
- How to verify a bank check?