Very often asymptomatic, gallbladder stones can however cause illness. This is cholelithiasis. Although better cared for and understood than before, it is necessary not to trivialize this pathology. Especially since it causes severe pain in the abdomen. Before resorting to surgery, find out in what ways it is possible to soothe the pain. How to overcome a biliary crisis? All our advice and natural remedies to calm the manifestations of the disease.
Gallbladder stones: What is that ?
Gallstones refer to these solid deposits, most often cholesterol crystals, which form in the gallbladder. They can cause a condition called cholelithiasis, or cholelithiasis. This pathology is characterized by the presence of gallstones in the gallbladder or bile ducts.
Gallstones affect more than 40% of French people over 60, including a majority of women.
Gallbladder stones usually result from too much cholesterol being secreted by the liver. Particles form and accumulate.
Note that a heavy meal with fatty foods or not, can trigger biliary colic with the onset of nausea.
There are also risk factors:
- female sex;
- old age;
- sudden weight loss;
- lack of sports practice;
- family history.
Gallstones can cause severe pain in the upper abdomen as they pass from the gallbladder to the cystic duct, bile duct, or ampulla of Vater, and block the duct. These pains can last for several hours. Moreover, in case of recurrent pain, the gallbladder is often removed.
On the other hand, we speak of biliary colic when the gallbladder begins to swell. The pain is then localized below the ribs, right side, or in the pit of the stomach. Hepatic colic has a variable duration, between half an hour and several hours. It is not accompanied by fever.
Note that gallstones clog the gallbladder or the ducts leading to the intestine. In addition to hepatic colic, they induce jaundice, acute cholecystitis or even acute pancreatitis.
However, you should know that in 80% of cases, gallstones cause no apparent signs. For many years, this disease remains silent, especially if the stones persist in the gallbladder. Generally, these asymptomatic stones are discovered during an ultrasound or x-ray of the abdominal region.
Natural treatments for gallbladder stones
A healthy diet
To prevent the appearance of gallstones in the gallbladder, it is necessary to adopt a good diet. Avoid certain types of fats such as hydrogenated vegetable oils and fried foods. Also reduce your consumption of carbohydrates whose glycemic index is too high as well as red meat and alcohol. Conversely, eat foods rich in fiber. Also favor fruits and vegetables and lean meats.
Practice a sports activity
To avoid the occurrence of gallstones, it is recommended to practice physical activity for at least thirty minutes a day. It can be swimming, walking, cycling…
Herbal treatment can be effective in controlling the symptoms of gallstones. Plants with soothing properties include boldo. It is a shrub native to Chile. But you can also use artichoke leaves, coal seeds, dandelion roots and leaves, turmeric roots, peppermint leaves. Some plants are bitter. Therefore, in some cases it is better to consume the plant in capsule form rather than herbal tea.
Attention, these choleretic plants (which stimulate the production of bile by the liver) and cholagogues (which facilitate its evacuation towards the intestine) should not be taken at the time of an attack of biliary colic.
Your homeopathic treatment will depend on the nature of the stone and its importance. It is therefore necessary to call in a specialist.
In case of very painful spasms, it is advisable to take two granules three times a day of Magnesia phosphorica 5 CH and two granules three times a day of Colocynthis 5 CH. And in the presence of moderate pain, turn instead to Dioscorea 5 CH (two granules three times a day).
To drink a lot of water
Staying hydrated is essential when you have gallstones. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. In this way, your fibers will work efficiently.
Vitamins E and C
To prevent the formation of gallstones in the gallbladder, it is important to consume vitamin E and vitamin C. These two substances have an antioxidant action helping to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
Present in soybeans, lecithin is one of the essential elements for bile. Indeed, the substance helps to emulsify fatty substances.
Apple or beet juice
In case of biliary colic, it is recommended to avoid solid foods. Drink only distilled water, spring water or apple or beet juice.
To reduce the risk of blockage and lubricate the ducts, consume a tablespoon of first cold-pressed olive oil after an attack.
To eliminate toxins accumulated in the liver, you can drink lemon juice. Squeeze half of a fruit into hot water in the morning.
To note : you can also consume a small glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice. It also helps in the proper functioning of the liver.
Again, apple cider vinegar is a good natural remedy. It allows the cessation of cholesterol production by the liver. And it also relieves pain related to gallbladder stones.
Simply mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of apple juice. In case of crisis, drink to calm the pain.
You can also add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of lemon juice to a glass of warm water. The solution is to be drunk in the morning, on an empty stomach. And for best results, do it regularly for several weeks. This will help dissolve the gallstones.
More natural treatments:
- 7 natural treatments for warts
- 7 Natural Acne Treatments
- 7 Natural Psoriasis Treatments
- 7 Natural Lice Treatments
- 3 natural treatments for scabies
- 11 Natural Constipation Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for angina
- 13 Natural Asthma Treatments
- 7 natural treatments for anemia
- 8 natural treatments for anxiety
- 9 treatments for heartburn
- 11 natural treatments for canker sores
- natural treatments for paronychia
- 7 natural treatments for cystitis
- 11 Natural Gout Treatments
- 13 natural treatments for osteoarthritis of the knee
- 7 Natural Sinusitis Treatments
- 6 natural treatments for osteoporosis
- 10 natural treatments for cold sores
- natural treatments for urinary tract infection
- 9 natural treatments to reduce the effects of menopause
- 9 Natural Osteoarthritis Treatments
- 9 natural treatments for tinnitus
- 11 natural treatments for hemorrhoids
- natural treatments for bronchitis
- natural treatments for seborrheic dermatitis
- Helicobacter pylori: natural treatments
- Natural treatments for bloating
- Natural Burn Treatments
- Natural treatments for balanitis
- Natural treatments for conjunctivitis
- Natural treatments for hot flashes
- Natural treatments for hypertension
- Natural Inner Ear Crystal Treatments
- Treatments for hiatal hernia
- Natural treatments for Morton’s neuroma
- Natural treatments for itchy vulva
- Natural treatments for a heel spur
- Natural treatments for plantar fasciitis
- Natural treatments for tendinitis of the shoulder
- natural treatments for rosacea