Soul Mates and Twin Flames: Definitions
Soulmates : different souls we meet on our way who are of the same “energetic fabric” as us and who are sent to help us awaken and challenge ourselves so that we can become the best versions of ourselves. The higher purpose of a soulmate relationship is the growth and evolution of our own consciousness.
twin flames: it is when our own « energy fabric » becomes so large with love that our energy splits in two. This other half becomes our twin flame. The higher purpose of twin flames is to create a higher vibration and consciousness for the entire planet by ascending together.
Essentially, soulmate relationships help us raise our own consciousness, while twin flame relationships have the effect of raising consciousness for the entire planet.
Everyone has soul mates, but not necessarily a twin flame. That doesn’t mean a twin flame is just for « special people. » We are all souls sent here for a unique experience and that experience may or may not include meeting a twin flame.
Soulmates can be parents, friends or lovers. Often the purpose of the soulmate relationship is to help us grow and evolve towards our full potential. Soulmates can come and go from our lives as needed, but usually their entry into our lives can feel fateful, as if we have known them before and there is a very strong bond or connection.
Relationships with soulmates can also be romantic. Although we have many soul mates, we can only have one twin flame and often the purpose of this relationship is not just romantic. The goal is much greater and beyond this earthly plane.
When twin flames come together, it is often to achieve something on an energetic level, to help expand the consciousness of the planet. Usually when twin flames unite there is a strong desire for both of them to create something together that will help raise the consciousness of Earth. It often takes several lifetimes for twin flames to achieve this, so it is possible that you will meet your twin flame, but cannot complete your mission together just yet.
Once you both learn to master the relationship, you will both ascend together and complete your work away from the physical dimension of the earth. Unlike soul mate relationships, twin flame relationships don’t focus on « challenging » but rather on growth. Soulmate relationships are about waking up and discovering who you really are, whereas twin flame relationships are about coming together in service to others.
In twin flame relationships, the magnetic attraction is always there on a high level. With soulmates, the magnetic pull can change in strength depending on where you are in your evolution.
So how can you tell if you’re in a soulmate or twin flame relationship?
Relations with kindred spirits:
– Feeling “destined” in one way or another
– The relationship does not have to be in love, although it can be
– There is a strong connection that can change or fluctuate in intensity
– There are often challenges to overcome in order to change things in your life
– The relationship leads to a solid life lesson or change in your life path
– The relationship can uncover and release past pain, hurt and trauma so that healing can occur
– There can be a strong connection to the past life
– The relationship may not last or may seem different once the lesson is learned
– The relationship helps you awaken to a higher level of consciousness or spirituality
Twin Flame Relationships:
– Feeling “destined” in one way or another
– The relationship does not have to be romantic, but there is often a connection felt on all levels
– There is a strong connection that is constant and stable
– There are challenges but they are more about the “self” than the other
– The relationship arouses the desire to associate in order to create
– The relationship almost forces you to respond with love as a way to survive together
– There can be a strong connection between the past life and if it is very deep, it can seem like it is your last life on earth
– Whether you are romantically involved or not, you still feel a strong connection with this person, but you do not need to be around each other to fully experience this connection.
– The relationship helps prepare for your ascension into another dimension and instill a higher consciousness into the planet
Often soulmate relationships are experienced on a mind, body, and soul level, while twin flame relationships are experienced on a mind, body, soul, and soul level. on a celestial/universal level.