Do you live in Brest, or are staying there for a while, and would you like to go to the swimming pool for a swim or simply to spend some time relaxing?
Here are the addresses and presentations of all the Brest basins, to choose from according to your tastes and desires…
The best public swimming pools in Brest
– The Recouvrance swimming pool : Located in the Right Bank district of Brest, the Recouvrance swimming pool is located at 14 rue de Maissin. Equipped with a large pool 50 meters long and 15 meters wide (depth up to 2.40 meters); but also a small pool 12 meters long and 10 meters wide; and a Spa and sauna fitness area. The Recouvrance swimming pool offers activities such as: swimming lessons, swimming, aquagym, swimming with fins, swimming certificates, etc.
– The Kerhallet swimming pool : Located in the Bellevue district of Brest, the Kerhallet swimming pool is located on rue du Maine. With a large pool 25 meters long and 12.5 meters wide (depth up to 2 meters), it offers: swimming lessons, swimming, aquagym, swimming with fins, swimming certificates, etc.
– The Foch swimming pool : Located in the city center, it is located at 25 avenue Maréchal Foch in Brest. Equipped with a large pool 25 meters long by 15 meters wide and a 3 meter diving board (depth up to 3.80 meters); and a small pool 15 meters long by 10 meters wide. The Foch swimming pool offers: swimming lessons, swimming, aquagym, swimming with fins, swimming certificates, etc.
– The Ferdinand Buisson swimming pool : Located in the Lambézellec district of Brest, the Buisson swimming pool is located at 29 rue de Coëtlogon. With a pool 15 meters long and 8 meters wide (depth up to 1.60 meters), it is reserved for swimming lessons only (children and adults).
– Saint Mark’s swimming pool : Located in the district of Saint Marc in Brest, it is rue Maurice Piquemal. With a pool 25 meters long and 10 meters wide (depth up to 2 meters), it offers: swimming lessons, swimming, aquagym, swimming certificates, etc.
For these 5 municipal swimming pools in Brest, the entrance fee is €4.10 for adults and €2 for children (reduced price: €2.65). There are subscription cards with 10, 25 or 30 entries.
As for the timetables, they are specific to each swimming pool and vary according to the time of year (school or holidays).
Read also: What to do in Brest? The 10 essential activities
The best private swimming pools in Brest
– MyFit Brest : Located in the Kergaradec district at 14 rue Gaston Planté – Brest, or in the city center at 5 rue de Kerabecam, the MyFit Brest sports and fitness club offers swimming lessons for young and old, aquagym and aqua-fitness in a small intimate and pleasant pool, for €29.99 per month.
– Open Water Diving Club : Located in the Commercial Port of Brest, the Scubaland Pool is located at 29 rue Amiral Troude, and offers diving lessons and underwater activities (bottles and apnea) for prices ranging from €15 to €40 per session in a heated swimming pool 5 meters deep.
– Spadium Park : Located in Le Relecq-Kerhuon, this gigantic sports complex offers a multitude of leisure activities (sports pool, jacuzzis, slides, river, paddling pool, water games, fun pool, etc.) in around ten pools at 32 degrees breathtaking. Entrance fee: €5.30 adult, €4.30 child.
Read also: The tide in Brest (Information and timetables)