Perhaps less known than other traditional banks such as Crédit Agricole or La Banque Postale, Crédit du Nord offers traditional banking services and offers. This regional body has a website on which customers can manage their accounts and savings. But how do you open an account and then access your customer area? Discover all the formalities to become part of the Crédit du Nord clientele. And if you lose or forget your identifiers, we tell you everything you need to know about the steps to obtain a new confidential code. You will also find all the contact details of the bank to contact its assistance service.
Credit du Nord: presentation
The Crédit du Nord bank is part of the group of the same name with seven other organizations (Courtois, Kolb, Société Marseillaise de Crédit, etc.).
It is one of the first regional banks. On a human scale, it is organized like an SME. All individual customers benefit from a dedicated customer adviser who can be reached during extended hours (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). And banking services are offered remotely, by telephone, Internet or videoconference.
The Crédit du Nord bank offers classic banking offers and services (loan subscription, account management, savings, insurance, stock market products, etc.). Accounts can be accessed at any time via the Internet, from a mobile or tablet, by e-mail, by SMS or by telephone 24 hours a day.
How to open an account when you are an individual?
Supporting documents to be provided
To open an account at Le Crédit du Nord bank, you must provide the following documents:
- a valid identity document (national identity card, passport, resident card);
- proof of address (rent receipt, gas bill, etc.);
- proof of income (salary slip, employment contract, etc.).
And for non-residents, you must also communicate:
- a certificate of residence;
- a copy of the foreign income tax notice;
- failing that, a certificate of residence issued by an authority other than the tax authority. For example, a town hall, a consulate…
Note: for the opening of a minor’s account, the latter must present himself accompanied by his legal representative, himself provided with a family book, identity document or extract of birth certificate to justify of its quality.
Also read: How much does a bank safe cost?
Crédit du Nord can also take care of the change of bank domiciliation free of charge. For the transfer of your accounts to be carried out under the best conditions, you must provide the following documents:
- a signed mandate;
- the list of organizations to contact to make the changes of domicile;
- the usual supporting documents such as invoices, tax notices, etc.
Where can I find my username to be able to connect to your online account?
To access online banking services, you must have both an identifier and a secret code. The identifying number is provided by the bank adviser. As for the confidential code, it is sent by mail.
To request your login from your customer adviser, contact the following number: 01 40 34 00 44 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
How to log in to your customer area?
To connect to the Crédit du Nord Customer Area, you must:
- first, enter your ID consisting of numbers only using your keyboard;
- then enter your password using the numeric keypad.
Access blocked or password lost: what to do ?
Have you lost or forgotten your confidential code, or after several incorrect attempts, your password is blocked? To receive a new secret code, request its reset using one of these four options:
- contact your customer advisor;
- enter your details on the reset request page;
- complete the dedicated form;
- or contact the technical assistance service on 01 40 34 00 44.
To log in again, you will then have to wait for the receipt of the new confidential code. And as soon as you log in again, personalize your password.
Note: for security reasons, the new secret code cannot be sent by email. Indeed, e-mail does not offer sufficient guarantees in terms of confidentiality.
The precautions to take
Please note that your confidential code is strictly personal. The following instructions should therefore be observed:
- never give your password to anyone face-to-face, over the phone, in writing, by email or via a form;
- Crédit du Nord will never ask you to provide your password;
- your secret code must contain at least 6 digits. Don’t use codes that are too easy to guess, such as your date of birth. Instead, opt for a varied mix of numbers to make the combination complex;
- finally, for security reasons, it is better to change your confidential code once a year.
Contact Credit du Nord: coordinates
For technical questions, particularly regarding access to your customer account, you can contact Crédit du Nord on their hotline. The online bank answers your questions on 01 40 34 00 44 (price of a local call, non-surcharged call). This number is valid for both individuals and associations.
As for professionals, they will dial 0 892 982 110 to contact Crédit du Nord customer service. The call is billed at 0.40 cts/minute + the price of a local call.
And for any complaint, you also have the option of contacting Crédit du Nord by post at the following addresses, depending on your place of residence:
Credit du Nord Paris
Ile de France Customer Relations Department
50, rue d’Anjou
Credit du Nord Rouen
North West Customer Relations Department
9, rue du Donjon
76008 ROUEN cedex
Credit du Nord Lille
North of France Customer Relations Department
28, place Rihour
Read also: Adie: the association for micro-credit