Today, traditional banks offer traditional banking services as well as digital tools. Among them, the Banque Populaire Val de France whose offer is complete. Find out about this regional banking organization and what it offers its individual customers: bank cards, online account, other services… Focus on the BPVF!
Banque Populaire Val de France: who is she ?
Banque Populaire is part of the BPCE group, the fourth largest banking network in France with the presence of 7,800 branches in the territory. The group also has 31 million customers and caters to all clienteles. In addition, the BPCE group offers a full range of banking, financial and real estate services.
On the other hand, the Banques Populaires develop a regional activity with the existence of 13 establishments in the region. Banque Populaire Val de France is one of them, and is present in 10 departments, from Yvelines to Vienne, via the Loire Valley. But beyond the geographic division, the banking institution seeks to maintain privileged relations with socio-professional bodies and organisations.
In 2017, Banque Populaire Val de France had 577,000 customers, 155,000 members, 200 branches, 2,134 employees and €382 million in net banking income. As for the management committee, it is made up of 8 people. It is chaired by Luc Carpentier, Managing Director. And the board of directors is made up of 11 members, all from the regional economic fabric.
How to open an account in this bank?
To open an account, two possibilities: go to an agency or open it online.
In any case, to open an account, you must first fill in the dedicated form on the Internet:
You must then state your identity and send your email address. Providing your phone number is optional. Also type the subject of your message in the dedicated fields. An advisor will then make an appointment with you by contacting you by phone or e-mail, according to your choice.
Banque Populaire Val de France offers several bank cards with no income requirement:
- the Mastercard or Visa Classic card (44.50 euros per year) with immediate or deferred debit. The withdrawal limit is 300 euros per rolling day. And the payment ceiling is 3,000 euros per rolling 30 days, including 1,500 euros abroad. Withdrawals are free from ATMs in the network. On the other hand, count 1 euro from the fourth withdrawal of money in the other ATMs;
- the Visa Premier card (129.20 euros per year) with immediate or deferred debit. The withdrawal limit is 1,500 euros per rolling day and the payment limit is 7,600 euros over 30 rolling days, including 3,500 euros abroad. Note that the withdrawal in the euro zone is free;
- the Visa Platinum card (196.20 euros per year). With this means of payment, you can withdraw 1,200 euros per day and pay up to 12,000 euros for 30 rolling days, including 6,000 euros abroad;
- the Visa Infinite card (330.20 euros per year). This is a top-of-the-range card with a withdrawal limit of 1,500 euros per rolling day and a payment limit set at 20,000 euros per 30 rolling days, including 10,000 euros outside France;
- finally, the Visa Electron card (33 euros per year) is a means of payment with systematic authorization. It is used in businesses displaying the Visa Electron logo. It also allows you to block or unblock payments remotely.
The BPVF also offers services to save money via savings accounts:
- Housing Savings ;
- life insurance ;
- term investments;
- financial investments ;
- real estate investment solutions;
- stock market investment;
- A booklet ;
- sustainable development booklet;
- PEL, LEP, CEL;
- Youth booklet;
- Child Savings Plan, etc.
Mobile Cyberplus app
Among the other services offered by Banque Populaire Val de France, there is the Cyberplus mobile application open to all private customers of the establishment. It is a tool that allows the consultation and management of its accounts on smartphone (Apple, Android), digital tablet or computer. And wherever you are, you can do online banking through this application.
Via Cyberplus mobile, you have the possibility to:
- consult your accounts and the details of the transactions carried out;
- make transfers;
- access your RIB and send it by email;
- contact your Banque Populaire;
- access emergency numbers when needed;
- consult the contact details and opening hours of your bank branch;
- locate the ATMs closest to your location;
- access the Auto Insurance application;
- request financing with the revolving credit function. You freely enter an amount.
To know : there is also a professional version of the application intended for companies. The service then responds to their needs to facilitate operations. These are done faster. On the other hand, the professional Cyberplus application offers secure access as well as real-time monitoring of all banking operations. Among the other services offered, there is the management of stock market operations, the monitoring of various transfers with notification by e-mail, the reception and transfer of various documents related to the user’s profession.
This Banque Populaire service allows you to personalize the look of your credit card by opting for a model available in the image library, according to the theme of your choice. You can also upload a personal photo.
Contactless and smartphone payment
To pay more quickly, without having to enter your personal code, you have the option of using contactless payment or via your smartphone.
This is an insurance contract covering the risks linked to the loss or theft of your means of payment, your papers or your keys. This service is available continuously, in France and abroad.
Note that Sécuriplus also protects you in the event of identity theft and insures your laptop in the event of theft or accidental breakage.
The e-credit card service
This service allows you to obtain a virtual card number. This saves you from having to enter the confidential code of your credit card when shopping on the Internet.
Banque Populaire Val de France rates
Banque Populaire Val de France rose to 87th place (out of 127) of the least expensive banks with an annual cost of 187 euros (ranking of December 5, 2018). This is still very far behind Boursorama Banque, which has an annual cost of around 30 euros.
Online account: access their accounts
To access your online accounts, you must log in by clicking on the « Access your accounts » button, located at the top right of the screen.
You then just have to enter your identifier visible on your account statements as well as your secret code, sent by separate mail.