Caisse d’Epargne has been part of the banking landscape for many years. Represented by a squirrel, the financial organization offers a free service called Direct Ecureuil. Available via the Internet or by telephone, this offer allows customers to benefit from numerous advantages. Find out everything you need to know about Direct Ecureuil for individuals and professionals: the services offered, prices, registration and access conditions… Focus on Caisse d’Epargne online banking.
The Savings Bank: presentation
Founded in 1818, Caisse d’Epargne is one of the oldest French financial institutions. It is a local bank present throughout the territory via 15 regional branches.
Caisse d’Épargne offers a full range of services with means of payment, savings and credit solutions, wealth management, insurance products, etc. Its range of banking products and services aims to meet the needs of its customer base.
On the other hand, the financial organization benefits from a traditional branch (counter) as well as a 100% online service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on computer or mobile, in France and abroad.
Read also >> ING Direct: the customer area
Live Squirrel: What is that ?
Direct Ecureuil brings together a Caisse d’Epargne remote account management service. This meets the needs of bank branches to avoid an excessive flow of customers. Furthermore, via Direct Ecureuil, Caisse d’Epargne customers can find answers to their questions without going to the counter.
Concretely, Direct Ecureuil is a completely secure service, and available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. This allows the bank’s customers to be able to access their account in real time.
Also note that the service is divided into three branches. The first is dedicated to the telephone, the second to the Internet while the last concerns the mobile.
Read also >> BNP Paribas: access my accounts
Direct Ecureuil offer and services for individuals
With Direct Ecureuil, you benefit from many services:
- the execution or consultation of all your current operations of your checking account, in real time: consultation of the balance, transfer of account, follow-up of transfers and direct debits, downloads of operations;
- ordering a check book;
- printing of bank details;
- the management of your bank card payments with the history of transactions;
- adding a beneficiary account;
- scheduling a payment schedule;
- the possibility of opposing the means of payment;
- monitoring your current loans (consumer credit, mortgage);
- the management of all transactions on your securities account;
- the management of your life insurance (making a free payment or arbitration, etc.);
- the modification of your contact details with updating of your telephone number, email address, postal address, etc. ;
- the possibility of opting for the online statement by benefiting from an archiving of your statements for a period of 10 years;
- being able to contact and communicate with your bank adviser in complete security;
- the geolocation of an agency near your home.
Direct Internet Squirrel: presentation
Direct Ecureuil is a service that comes in three different versions. Direct Ecureuil Internet (DEI) is one of them.
Available on the bank’s official website, the service is operational every day, 24 hours a day on a computer or digital tablet.
This allows Caisse d’Epargne customers to carry out their transactions and consult their detailed financial situation at any time of the day, in complete autonomy.
Read also >> Postal bank for individuals: the online account
The services offered by Direct Ecureuil pro
With Direct Ecureuil pro, you can access your professional account 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, by telephone or Internet. In this way, you carry out your operations without going to an agency. To access your account space, simply enter your identifiers.
In detail, you have the possibility of:
- consult your current accounts and securities accounts;
- access the history of your transactions over 60 days as well as details of credit card payments, with search by amount;
- place internal and external transfer orders;
- pay for his trade bills;
- oppose in the event of loss or theft of your means of payment (credit card, checkbook);
- order checkbooks;
- change your confidential code;
- correspond with the Caisse d’Epargne;
- authorize new users to access your accounts accessible via the Direct Ecureuil subscription.
Subscription to Direct Ecureuil and Direct Ecureuil Internet is free (excluding the cost of access to the Internet provider).
On the other hand, subscription to the AlertEcureuil service by SMS is chargeable at the price of €1/month (i.e. €12/year), excluding the cost of the telephone operator. These are the rates applied to the 1er January 2019.
How to subscribe to Direct Ecureuil?
To subscribe to Direct Ecureuil, you have three options:
- make an online request by entering your customer ID displayed on your account statement as well as your date of birth;
- make a request by telephone by contacting 32 41. This is a free service + price of a call;
- go to your Caisse d’Epargne branch.
This free service is also easy to use. To take advantage of it, all you have to do is fulfill this one condition: hold an account with Caisse d’Epargne.
Connect to Direct Ecureuil: how to do ?
There are several solutions to connect to Direct Ecureuil. The first consists of accessing the service by telephone, by dialing 32 41 (free service + price of a call). You can also connect via Caisse d’Epargne’s mobile applications using your smartphone or digital tablet.
On the other hand, note that it is possible to be informed of all movements on your account thanks to the subscription to AlertEcureuil by SMS. Thanks to this paying service, you benefit from four levels of alerts: sending of the balance, balance alert, alert on the amount outstanding on your credit card, alert on your credit transactions.